While the contract establishes the legal relationships, the team building or team alignment process is designed to establish working relationships among the parties through a mutually-developed formal strategy of commitment and communication. The process creates an environment where trust and teamwork can prevent disputes, foster a cooperative bond to everyone’s benefit, and facilitate the completion of a successful project.
3Targets Consultants has expertise in team building, management, leadership and strategy. The complete package of team building consists of an initial team building session, followed by team health checks and concluded with a post-project lessons learned meeting:
Initial team alignment/chartering session: This is usually a two-day exercise combining team chartering, risk assessment and a kick-off meeting. The outline of this two-day session is as follows:
- Developing common goals and objectives
- Identifying issues and concerns
- Seeking lessons learned from previous projects
- Identifying and evaluating project risks and developing a risk register
- Identifying stakeholders and developing an action plan
- Identifying and agreeing on success criteria and critical success factors
- Developing health check tools
- Developing issue resolution mechanisms
- Setting the ground rules: agreeing on roles, responsibilities, organization structure, and lines of communication
- Running the kick-off meeting specific to the project and contract A thorough report will be provided documenting the session.
Health check sessions: These are regular health checks to monitor the health and performance of the team. These sessions are conducted from time to time as required. An official report will be provided after each session.
Post-project lessons learned session: At the project conclusion, lessons learned are identified through a one-day meeting to be shared for future considerations. A report will be provided at the end of the project.